OVSD 4.5 SP12

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
nija patel
Super Contributor.

OVSD 4.5 SP12

Hi,

My customer is currently using OVSD 4.5 SP12. I wanted to know if Service Pack Upgradation can help to get more custom fields for CI? Please let me know about it and also if it helps then please advice which SP should be upgraded? I was thinking to upgrade to SP23 or SP24 so that in future if they plan to migrate to SM 7 it will be easy to migrate. But please advise me will it be useful to get more custom fields for CI than what I have in SP12?

Thank You

Regards,
Nija
5 REPLIES
MarkvL
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: OVSD 4.5 SP12

Hello Nija,

Yes there are a lot more custom fields if you upgrade, in Service pack 18 "unlimited custom fields" were introduced.

So if you move to Service Pack 23 you will have this feature.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

yes there are custom fields and a lot more functionality available from SP 20 onwards.
nija patel
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks a lot to both of you for the prompt reply.

Regards,
Nija
nija patel
Super Contributor.

Can anyone suggest me if I want to upgrade it from SP12 to SP23 or SP24 then how to proceed? direct upgradation is possible from SP12 to SP23 or SP24?

Thank You
Regards,
Nija
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I would say upgrade to the version that allows you to use the new client so you still stay in support with the client.

Best is to download both SP's and read the information files. They are useful.

At least it means that if and when you want to use the new client you will not have to upgrade.

You can upgrade in one but there will be a few additional things you need to do because of changes in SP 16-20

e.g. you will have to migrate the attachments by running a migration tool before and after the upgrade so read carefully.