Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVSD 4.5 SP 16 and Peoplesoft integration

Highlighted
Sharon F. Santi
Collector

OVSD 4.5 SP 16 and Peoplesoft integration

Hi,

Does anyone able to integrate this two? We have a requirement to be able to pass into OVSD the values that are availabe in what they call "capture views" of information in PeopleSoft.

What will happen is, the Helpdesk guys will launch such "capture view" from SD, this view then contains information of the employees they are supporting, when a Service Call has to be open what they want to do is to pass on some of the information within that 'capture
view' into the fields of SD to automatically populate some info regarding the employee that is not available in Person record in SD. Is this possible?

Im looking into, Update data from external system functionality thru a UI rule since they dont want to import all the employee information into SD DB due to security issue. However, this is the first time ill do this and im having a hard time configuring the data update.

Questions:

- Is the URL supposedly be the source URL or the "capture view" in my case?
- The way I understand it since i need info passed into SD, I must use Input from external system, am i right?

I had a testing though it is not the exact capture view that will be used and i got this error:
HTTP server used for UI/DB-rules returned with error: 405 Method Not Allowed

Ive read a couple of threads regarding this but still not able to do it successfully.
Appreciate if someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Sharon
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: OVSD 4.5 SP 16 and Peoplesoft integration

Hi Sharon,

one approach to take is to identify the information that you can pass from Peoplesoft ot OVSD e.g. name. email address, work phone no., location etc and use dataexchange to import the information into the person records. Peoplesoft whoudl be able to export the "views" to a format that the data exchange task can use. The personal data for the people records can be kept in Peoplesoft.

Is it possible to look at this approach?
Sharon F. Santi
Collector

Hi Mark,

Data Exchange is also possible, but then it will be used only to import the basic info clients have into SD. Like I said, due to security reason they dont want every info (Person record) to reside in SD database that is why the idea of passing info from 'views' to Service Call template came in.

Im working on the UI rule with the condition of 'Data Update from External System' and already working on a test ASP file, but still with this error:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

I think the parameter im specifying is incorrect. What else should i provide in the UI rule? It only asks for the field in SD where you want the info from external system to be placed.

Need help.

Thanks,
Sharon

Jan Gunnar Helg

I get the same error in my ASP script, did you ever figure it out Sharon?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event