OVSD 4.5 - Rounding Dates

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
James Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

OVSD 4.5 - Rounding Dates

Hi All!

I was wondering if there was a function or whatever that would round dates. For example, we set a deadline of 13:09 and we want it to be set to 13:00. Understandably when you have an incident or service call related to SLAs, then you need to keep track of the actual minutes. However, in cases where you have a work order that is set to 13:09, my boss would like the deadline to be set at 13:00 as "proof" we "thought" about the deadline and did not just blindly take the default.

Any info is appreaciated.

Regards,

jimmo
www.linux-tutorial.info
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: OVSD 4.5 - Rounding Dates

Hi jimmo,

You could try a custom text filed and 2 UI rules like:

Rule 1 when a value has changed
When Deadline is not empty
Update data: set custom text field to last 5 characters of Deadline (trim from left to remove the date and hours)

Rule 2 when a value has changed
When custom field does not start with 00:00
User notification message,

Hope this helps, Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Use Ruth's recomadations, but my vision need change the action "Notification message" on:
1. if you like doing correction "on fly" - use Update from external system. Need create web script where incoming data deadline correct to xx:00 and sending back.
2. if you like doing correction after save - use sd_event. Action exec, run the script bu correction of deadline.

Vasily
James Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

I was hoping to automate the process with the work orders as these never have deadlines like 13:09. I'm not a big fan of a popup to remind people to do something if it always needs to do it. However, it is something to think about.

I had been considering an external perl script to round the date. Obviously that would work, but I was hoping for a round() function or something similar.

regards,

jimmo
www.linux-tutorial.info