Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVOU 8x--OVSD 4.5/SP19 Intergration - CI Names

Highlighted
James Mohr

OVOU 8x--OVSD 4.5/SP19 Intergration - CI Names

Hi All!

For ages I have simply accepted the fact that the CI is not being passed from messages which create Incidents. Now I am finally trying to get it to work.

There is a block in sd_eventins.pl that looks like this:
# node is equal to the message service if not empty and otherwise the node name
# service information is stored in the MAP_COLORING field
$node=$vp_params{MAP_COLORING};
if ($node eq '') {
$node=$vp_params{NODENAME};
}

First, I have looked and do not find anything that tells me what MAP_COLORING is. When I search the forums, no posts are found. However, if I do a search through Google, I find posts in the ITRC forums. Go figure! Still there is nothing that tells me what it is.

In the orig. message text in OVOU, the node is empty, although the correct node is show in the message details:

Node:
Message group: Backup
Application: online_bk_dcbb3.sh
Object: Start
Text: DCBB3 !##!_030421

Is this because the node is not being set by the message template?

I added a bit to get the short form of the name:

$shortnode=$vp_params{NODENAME};
$shortnode =~ s/\..*$//;

Which is then pased as:

ci=\"$shortnode\"

and in the OVSD field assignments this is tge incident CI (ci=ci). However, it is not being picked up. (the CI fields remains empty)

I set $shortname to uppercase and now it seems that it works some of the time, but not all of the time. I can add $shortname to the information field and see that it correct. I can even cut-n-paste this into the CI field and it works. However, $shortname is not always automatically assigned to the CI.

Any ideas about what is happening?

regards,

jimmo

www.linux-tutorial.info
5 REPLIES
shashidhar.v
Collector

Re: OVOU 8x--OVSD 4.5/SP19 Intergration - CI Names

Hi Jimmo,

Were you able to solve this issue. We are also facing the same problem.

If you have solved this please let us know the solution.

Appriciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,
Shashi
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
About : < I set $shortname to uppercase and now it seems that it works some of the time, but not all of the time. I can add $shortname to the information field and see that it correct. I can even cut-n-paste this into the CI field and it works. However, $shortname is not always automatically assigned to the CI. >

The problem is: if tune map by searchcode and CI has code as ABCD, but real in CMDB exist CIs with s-code ABCD and ABCDF so CI not set in IN because found 2 CIs, but if event was from ABCDF this IN will be registered with CI.
by this reason I not use s-code or Name in event system - add one new field, where store the Monitoring name, as that described in monitoring system. and add Rule with Action where check this field on unique, because if not name not uniq, the name must be changed in monitoring system, and rule where this filed cleared if CI go out from monitoring.
Of'corse possible use for this IP or dns name, but that help if you net not big and you not monitoring somthing after firewall.

Beliave that help you, regards
Vasily
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

I don't have access to a system to verify but at one time, the CI field coming in the sd_event from OVOU was being mapped to the SD CI entity field called Name1. This was to avoid issues like you are describing with searchcode matching on substrings. Has the mapping changed or did you change it to map the NODENAME to CI Searchcode?
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

I checked my system and can confirm the following:

1) The out-of-the-box export/import mapping for ovounixci specifies to put the nodename in the Configuration Item:Name 1 field, and generates the CI SEARCHCODE in the ovounixci.xml file using this rule (cut out of the OVO Integration manual page showing the format of the export xml file):
-- create a searchcode from the node name by taking the first part to the period, make it upper case and remove hyphens

2) The out-of-the-box import for the incoming sd_event is called ovounix and supplies either the service name or the nodename in the ci property but the import mapping specifies this is a reference to Configuration Item:Name 1

So if you have used these defaults, you should expect the value in Configuration Item:Name 1 to match for the incoming events and populate the correct CI assuming the Name 1 field is unique.

If you have changed these import mappings, then you should share yours with us so we can see why you are not getting the CI to populate in the incidents.

Attached are screenshots of these mappings.
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

second import mapping screenshot
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event