Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVO-HPSD integration. How to assign to a workgroup

Highlighted
Jan Zonnenberg
Super Collector

OVO-HPSD integration. How to assign to a workgroup

We monitor machines using OVO. We create service calls using the OVO-HPSD intergration. We use HPSD 4.5 sp17 and OVO Unix 7.5.26

Some events on a machine need to be solved by one workgroup (or service) and others need to be solved by another.

What options are there to automatically connect services in HPSD to incoming events?

I know that you can use rules to apply a template or to fill in a service. But this method would mean 1 rule for every type of event.
We would like to send the information about the service with the event to Service desk. In that way HPSD would automatically apply the correct SLA and default assignment.

Is it possible to send information about the appropriate service from OVO to HPSD and how is this done?

We tried to use the field “Service_name” but this is also used in the OVO to service navigator interface for map coloring. Because we want to start using Service navigator later on we don’t want to use this field for this purpose.

thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES
sandeep_

Re: OVO-HPSD integration. How to assign to a workgroup

Hi,

I dont think that anything is needed to be done at the OVO end. If the Services, SLA, SL... are created in OVSD which are linked to the CIs, then OVO sends the CI information from the Alarm and OVSD will pick the appropriate Service, SLA and SL. O'course using a single template.

Regards,
Sandeep
Jan Zonnenberg
Super Collector

Hello Sandeep,

Thank you for your suggestion

Our situation is that there are more then one service applicable for a certain machine. you can't use one default template for al events. That is why HPSD need's some information to select the right service for an event. Or isthere a trick i don't know?

I think HPSD needs to recieve values for CI, impact and service from the OVO interface. in that way it can select the right organisation, SLA, service en Service Level and workgroup.

There is no field for service in the ovo-SD interface as far as we know.

Meanwhile we found out that we can use "Custom Message Attrbute" and adjust "Get_OVO_Atributes" in OVO to ad an attribute to the interface.

We are still testing and i hope there is someone out there who has experience with this issue or someone who can als use this himself.

Regards Jan

sandeep_

That's right Jan, you can use a custom field in SD to map the field in OVO and have a rule to update Service from this particular custom filed.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Sandeep
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event