OR operator in 'Advanced Find'

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jade Warren
Occasional Advisor

OR operator in 'Advanced Find'

Hello All!

I am frustrated with the fact that Service Desk's Advanced Find window does not allow an OR operator to be placed between criteria (it is an oversight to assume that all criteria combinations should be operated upon with an AND)...

Example:

How would I search for:
([Category]='Password')
OR
(([Category]='Account') AND ([Actual Finish] Is Empty))

Is there any way to use NAND logic?...i.e. A OR B = NOT((NOT A) AND (NOT B)) ?...

Are there any patches to change this?

Thanks much,

Jade
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: OR operator in 'Advanced Find'

You can't OR two criteria in service desk on the views or advanced find. You can OR values only in a criteria

eg Description Contains word1 OR word2 OR word3

Frankly, I have no idea why HP haven't implement it in SD 4.5. In SD 5 however the conditions can be more complex, as in DB rules.

And believe it or NOT before SP7 it wasn't possible to have OR neither in DB/UI rules
menes fhtagn
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Hi Jade,

I was told that this might be possible with SP18? But I haven't confirmed it since its release as we might go to v5.1 not to sp18. ie.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=997094

If it is really important that you do this particular advanced find, you could use a custom field and set its value via UI rules?Then you can advanced find on the custom field?

Cheers
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

It is not possible in SP18. You can OR only text values in a text field. Also when the value is code and select multiple values, these values are ORed.

But you cannot OR one field with another.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event