Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Number of service calls assigned

Highlighted
chinna!
Honored Contributor.

Number of service calls assigned

Hi Team,

A very happy & prosperous new year to you all!!!

Servicedesk 4.5 Servicepack20
Opertating system Windows 2003 with SP1.

I have created a view in Person data "Avialble engineers". i have created a custom field in person "shift details" where each engineer defines their availability. Based on the availability help desk assigns service calls to engineers.

Now my requirement is "i would like to show the number of service calls assigned to each engineer" in Engineer availability view.
Please help me in achieveing this.

Thanks in advance,
Naren
7 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Number of service calls assigned

Hi there,

Set up a SC table view, grouped by Assigned to and with your custom field on the person record included as a column.

The grouping will show the numbers and adding the column will show the availability

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

I don't have exactly what you want but I have created a "Person" overview action that show the Service Calls Assigned to this Person". Not brilliant but at least when assigning you can quickly double check to see an engineer is already overloaded.

Maybe a Workgroup Overview Action "Service Call Workload" on the workgroup combined with the a view Grouping by Service Calls (or maybe this is the same as Ruth's idea - I must re-read her post)? And I am going to make my own Workgroup Overview Action right now.

Cheers
chinna!
Honored Contributor.

Hi David,

Thanks for your kinf reply.
i would really appreciate if you give more information with some screen shots.

Thanks in advance,
Naren
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Naren,

End result screen shot attached.

Overview actions can be created in Admin Console, Business Logic, Actions, Overview Actions. You can specify what view the Overview action will use and you need to create (or use an existing view first) and this view must also be added to the users role as well as adding the overview action.

You might fin the overview action already exists and you jsut need to make it use a viw that groups by "assigned to" field.
chinna!
Honored Contributor.

Hi David,

Thanks for your inforamtion.
Please let me know if we can show this data in "Engineer availability" view beside the Shift timings.
Please find the attached screen shot of "Engineers availability" view in person data.

Thanks,
Narendra
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

From what I can see you could not. We are SP17 though so you should check for yourself.

Create Service Call view as per my example and modify and try to add the person fields you have created - I cannot see any custom field for assigned person so not possible under SP17.

If it is really required you could run a command that gets gets the info via a SQL query and displays it somehow. If you have any good vbscripters or Java scripters that can include a SQL query direct to the database? You could than have this as a smartaction off the workgroup.

Cheers

chinna!
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

We achieved this task by creating Overview Actions.

Thanks,
Narendra