Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of the users

Highlighted
AlexNvkz
Occasional Advisor

Notification of the users

One of functions of a Service Desk this notification of the users about failures and refusals of some multi-users CI.

As it is possible to use "hp openview service desk" for the notification of the users?

It can be the java program which selects the "CI Users" with not empty e-mail field and notifies them or the notification is organized in another way?
4 REPLIES
FXCISD
Collector

Re: Notification of the users

Hi,

Let me get it right. You want to send email to the user from service desk with the CI Users data?

Yes you can do that by using rules. You have options to send email, but you have to integrate your organization email system with HP OPenview Service Desk.
AlexNvkz
Occasional Advisor

2 FXCISD
My organization email system integrated with hp OV SD.
---

Example:

We have a failure of some multi-users system.

In "hp openview service desk" in module "Incidents" some of IT-employee registered an incident.

Plenty of the users begin to call in a IT-department.

I want that on the created incident the "hp openview Service Desk" has notified the CI users on failure.

Somebody uses the similar notification?
If yes, how the given notification is organized?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

because you can have multiple users of a CI you I don't think that you can target the User email addresses directly from a rule. However an approach you can take is to target the owner or administrator of the CI for mail notification.

Also do you want users notified all the time of issues with a CI especially wher you have redundancy betweeb devices. In this case there may be no impact visible to users when one CI goes down so should they be notified? There would be a need to notify the owner / administrator though.
FXCISD
Collector

In SD5.1 there is a way you can refer to the email addresses but I havent tried, it is:
[Configuration Item;Used by Persons;Person;Primary E-Mail Address]

if it doesnt work then
You can use the mailgroups email id in your mail server to send notifications to multiple users in case a related CI goes down.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event