The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see the CI

Highlighted
SWATI SHARMA
Collector

Not able to see the CI

Hi

I m not able to see the name of the configuration item when i m opening any of the incidents.The field is blank though i hav configured the CI's.

Plz help me!
6 REPLIES
Gurevich

Re: Not able to see the CI

Check roles permissions. Do you have permission to read this field?
SWATI SHARMA
Collector

I login with system administrator and still not able to see the value of the CI.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

When you say that you do not see the value of the CI, what exactly do you mean?

Did you manually relate the CI to the incident?
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
SWATI SHARMA
Collector

I mean that when i am opening any incident the CI field is empty though the configuration items r there.

plz tell me the steps hw to relate CI's with incidents.
Jacob Heubner
Honored Contributor

Yes, when you open a new incident, the CI field is blank. The system does not know which CI has the issue. YOU have to tell it. That's what you're doing when you're creating the Incident ticket - you're using ServiceCenter/ServiceManager to document what is wrong, who is responsible for fixing it, the steps needed to fix it. ServiceCenter/ServiceManager is a service lifecycle tool, not an automation tool that does all the work for you.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hello Swati,

I do not know if we are understanding correctly your problem, but as Jacob mentioned in previous post, the CI field will always be blank unless you manually relate the CI to the Incident.

Jacob mentioned ServiceCenter/ServiceManager, but if you are on Service Desk the answer is basically the same.

Regards;

Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event