Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Not able to create New Servicecall

Highlighted
Bunny_1
Regular Contributor.

Not able to create New Servicecall

Hi,

When I click on submit in CreateServiceCall.jsp, it takes me to ViewEditServiceCall_Headerless.jsp but it gives me the following error message there,

"You are not allowed to view this service call or this may have been deleted by another user. "

I have checked the different attributes of the New Servicecall in CreateServicecall page after calling the Save method and it displays the attributes fine. It also gives me the Ticket No(getID method) but when I search with the same TicketNo in the ITSM_SERVICECALLS table, I am not able to find the entry. So, somehow the database is not getting updated.

Can someone please help me on this? This is really urgent...

Thanks and regards,
Bunny
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Not able to create New Servicecall

Hi Bunny,

are you setting the folder with a template for for SP call? Do you have access to the folder that is set? for that call?
Bunny_1
Regular Contributor.

Hi Mark,

Thnx for the response.

Yes, I have checked the Template and also the access for the Logged in user. He has access to that Folder.

Please advice.

Regards,
Bunny
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

is the user logging into Service Pages with an SP account or a licenced (named/concurrent) account?

If it is an SP account does the Service Pages role have access to the folders - also check the details tab of the service pages account to see that they have "New" rights etc.
Bunny_1
Regular Contributor.

Hi Mark,

Thanks again for the suggestion. I had checked the issue for both end-user and SME account and none were working. I checked all the accounts and rights and they seemed perfect.
Finally, not knowing what to do, I restarted the Server,Agent and Tomcat once, and you know what, it started working.
Now I am able to create ticekts.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Definitely gave me some food for thought and way to work.

Cheers,
Bunny