The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change value of incident field

Highlighted
Dubey
Frequent Visitor

Not able to change value of incident field

Hi Team,

I have never worked on SD, I have got an assignment to integrate SD with tool called HPOO(Used for automation). I am able to partially integrate the tools.

I have got a requirement to create a flow (In HPOO we create a flow to automate incident creation & Modification) that prompt the user to create incident number,then HPOO flow will ask to modify the incident fields like status,CI,Services etc.

I am able to log incident from HPOO Flow, but I am not able to modify the incident from the flow for few fields. I am getting below error for most of them:-

Exception= Service-Desk----Unable to save : there are no changes to save.

I am passing value status called "Tier 2 Notified" and saving the incident. But it is giving me above error.

I know its very hard to think, but if any one have ever worked on HPOO & SD integration. Please help me on that. Also if possible please provide me the flow.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
ND

3 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: Not able to change value of incident field

How are you creating the Incidents in the first place? Data Exchange or SD Event?

I believe the Exception (evidently not an error) is self-explainatory. Whatever the reason is, if Service Desk reports there are no changes to save, then the application is not recognizing the difference between the current value in the field in comparison with the value you are passing. You might want to look at the mapping of fields.

Although I have no clue about Operations Orchestration, it would be a lot easier to understand if you provide your configuration and log files, screen captures or command output.

Points for guidance are welcome.

The Pike
Dubey
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have manage to solve this issue. It was a small mistack. Value I pass should be case sensitive.I was noy keeping this in mind.

Although I have further issue here, I am not able to create a class which will be able to relate incident with the problem. In HPOO we can do this in below 2 way:-

(1) Create a class with the help of existing HPOO class & SD classes to take input from HPOO and save the values to SD.

(2) We can create any perl/Java script which take input required fields as a input and attach the problem to incident.

I want to create a script which take all necessary input and attach problem to incident. Apart from this I want to provide values for the Incident fields called " Root Cause" and "To Assigned Person" with same method.

If you could help me to provide such script, I will really be thankfull for the help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
ND
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Sorry ND,

No clue about the scripts you need. I have never integrated OO with SD.

I notice you asked about this in the OO forum. Hopefully somebody there can help with the scripts.

The Pike
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event