New line in Information Field sd45.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

New line in Information Field sd45.

hello,
I'm using sd.45, sp.23 on a Hp-ux platform.
My question is :how do I insert a new line in Information log, which is the command. I already tried with %line.separator% but it doesn't works.
Thank you!
33 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: New line in Information Field sd45.

Hi,

When setting the rule after selecting to "update data" select the information field and value. You will see Fixed Value as an option. Double click the word Fixed Value and enter a carraige return in the box. This will add a new line. However I am sure you don't want to replace the current values with a carraige return. So you need to use the function option instead and choose concatenate and build up a rule to concatnate the existing information with a carraige return (and the new information)

Is this what you are trying to do. There are a lot of posts if you search for concatenate on the forum? or are you trying o do something else?
Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

I'm truing to make a rule: in infotmation log I like to copy information filed, the person who made the change in Information field, but the next change made in Information filed, I whould like to appear on a new line. This is what I'm trying to do.
Thanks!
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

Hi Mark,
I resolved it: in the Update Date , in fixed value, clik Enter and ok.And this will, put the information on a new line.
Thanks!:)
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Alina,

glad to help. Dont forget to assign points if the thread helped resolve the issue.
Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

Hi, how do I assign points?
Rajesh Nair
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

How Do I Assign Points?

Only the question author can assign points to a given response. If you submit a question or new topic and another member replies to it, you will see a dropdown menu of points next to the reply (you must be logged in to see the menu). Select the point value and then click the "submit points" button. Note that you can rate multiple replies and submit them at one time.

Regards

Rajesh
Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

Hi,
Regarding this Information log, is there a rule that makes not possible for users to modify in this field.I whould like that this field to be fill by the rule I created.I whould lite the users just to see the information log, and not to modify it.
Thanks!:)
Rajesh Nair
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

You can set the permission for this field as READ-ONLY in the role of the user.

Regards

Rajesh
Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

Hi,
In the role there is no Read-Only, only wite, view, hide.
I tried to with view, but the user can still modify the filed.
Thanks!
Rajesh Nair
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

After modifying the role, have you asked the user to re-login ?

Regards

Rajesh
Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

Yes, the user has login inthe application, and yes he could modify the field
Rajesh Nair
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Make sure the setting in the role is VIEW.

Try re-login & create a new call. Is user still able to modify the field ?

Regards

Rajesh

Points are welcome for the efforts...!!!
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Alina,

As regards making the field red-only: as the previous response have said you set the field to View on the advanced tab of a role.

If this does not seem to work, check ALL the roles as roles are additive so you need to mke it View on all roles.

Also you cn not mke it read only for an account with the system administrator role as that role cannot be modified.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

It still doesn't works, the user can still modify the Information log field, even if I put in on VIEW.
Thanks anyway!
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Alina,
Can you post details of ALL the roles the user has?

Regards, Ruth
Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

hi Ruth,
Thank you for trying to help me.
I try to make the filed information log only read-only, for the users. I made a rule that fill the information log field automaticaly with registration and information field.
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Alina,

Your screen shot shows tht there are 5 roles assocaited with the account; you must set the field to read-only on all 5 of these roles.

Hope this helps. Ruth
Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

Ruth it still doesn't work:(
Rajesh Nair
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Just for testing purpose, can you keep just 1 role for this user. Make the necessary field VIEW & ask the user to re-login.

Regards

Rajesh
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

as stated start off with assigning a test user account only one role that has the field set to View.

If still not view only stop and restart the applciation servers. This should work and as Ruth pointed out I would suggest making the field read only for ALL roles. the only exception is for the administrator and for a role that you may have with elevated rights for a super user / admin type role.
Alina Festeu
Super Contributor.

Hi,
The problem is from Service Pages Role. I put all the other role(Information log on VIEW, and it is ok), but when I assing the service pages role, Information log Field becomes active.
Thakns!:)
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try this.

Go into the service pages role. Ensure that it does not look like the other roles - that is only have the ability to give access to Item - Service Call. Uncheck the option for Modify and try again.

if this works you need to log onto Service pages with a named or concurrent user account (not a service pages account) and see if the "engineers" can modify the calls once saved (if this is a function that you need to have).
Rajesh Nair
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Alina,

Real effort is put by everyone to help you solve this case.You owe us some good points.

:-;

Regards

Rajesh