New item created - email notifications from OpenView

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Juan J Padilla
Super Collector

New item created - email notifications from OpenView

Hi All,

I'm using OpenView 4.5 (SP 12) and I'm trying to change the email notifications that are sent to the users when a (for example) problem is assigned to them. I cannot find the rule nor as a DB rule or a UI rule.

It happens the same with the first email that we get when we need to approve something.

I know they are related to the tick boxes on the person records, but I would like to know if we can modify them using the application that we use now.

Thanks!
Juan
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: New item created - email notifications from OpenView

Hi Juan,

The ability to modify the emails sent out by the system came in at SP 19 (I thnk).

If you cannot upgrade to this SP, you will need to switch off the emails notifications sent by the system and replace them with DB rules to send what you want.

Note you cannot replace approavl emails with a DB rule and so the ON
My advice would be to upgrade if you can.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Juan J Padilla
Super Collector

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the tip. I knew it would be something related to the version that we use, and well, my management is adamant with the idea of upgrading (No way).

Now, to get rid of the email notifications, am I wrong to say that only ticking the 2 boxes on person records should be enough? Please keep in mind that there are other emails for other items which are not reflected on those 2 boxes.

I checked as well the email templates from the admin tool and I couldn't find anything related to Problems, only Service Calls.

Thanks!
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

remove the ticks for sending e-mails in the person records. They you can use DB rules to controp what is sent and when - as pointed out is more flexible except for the approval notifications.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event