Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

New Templates not working in 4.5 SP17

Highlighted
Francine Harris
Valued Contributor.

New Templates not working in 4.5 SP17

Has anyone experienced problems using a new template created in SP17 for auto-feeds? Existing templates from SP11 work fine but newly created ones in SP17 will not populate default values via sd_import. Using these same templates via manual creation will produce some default values but on max installations, changes value from 100000 to 1. Work around?
8 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: New Templates not working in 4.5 SP17

Hi
What is in your XML 1 or 100000 ? Set the "." ->100000.0

Vassili
Francine Harris
Valued Contributor.

The XML shows only those that are hard-coded into the ini file. The template values would only come into play upon import and these are not working in SP17. All original templates from SP11 work fine.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again.
Some ODBC drivers try convert digits in to float value and set a grade, some time set a dot. Strongly know SD good accept String. Use in ini UCASE or UPPER command for max inst. , then it converting to String. Beliave that help you.

Vassili
Francine Harris
Valued Contributor.

Well Max installations is the least of my problems. It will not pick up any other defaults like category or status. I can not hard-code the status because if this value is ever updated via manually, the next night when auto-feeds try to import again, it will overwrite the status from the ini hard-coded value. Any other ideas?
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Is this problem resolved??

If so, can you please share the solution??

-Ram
Vasily Aksenov
Acclaimed Contributor.

did you try to restart application server after you have made modifications?
Francine Harris
Valued Contributor.

Problem has not been solved but I read that this is a known issue with SP17 and is fixed in SP18. Until then, I will try restarting app server as suggested.
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Do you have the link to the known problem information?? If yes, cann you please post it here??

Thnx,

Ram