The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Templates not showing for clients

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Anthony Dalferr
Collector

New Templates not showing for clients

I have created a few new templates for my clients to use. When I go into the role that client is a member of, and relate the template to their role, it will not show up for the client. I have tried to relate/unrelate serveral times and it will just not show up.

running 4.5 SP17
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: New Templates not showing for clients

Hello Anthony,

Unfortunately there is a bug in SP17 that makes newly created templates unavailable unless application server is restarted.

Now, the catch is that if you upgrade to SP18 you won't be able to upgrade (at least for the foreseeable future) to v5.1

If you won't plan to upgrade to v5, well SP20 is your friend :)
menes fhtagn
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Anthony,

George is correct in what he says but, it may be worth noting that restarting the HP Openview Server service will do the trick.

We have two physical Apps servers and I can restart the service on each of them in turn without affecting those users who are connected at the time.

Re-starting the service can be a lot less trouble that restarting the physical server.
Anthony Dalferr
Collector

Thanks for the info. That did the trick.
Anthony Dalferr
Collector

restarting the service worked wonders. Thanks.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event