Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

New Template

Highlighted
Dimitris Pantou
Valued Contributor.

New Template

I am new in SD 4.5 and I am trying to create a new template from the scratch or to ad some more new fields in an existing template. How can i do that, any idea?
5 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: New Template

Hi Dimitris,

If you are trying to create a new template, you can't create fields in it. The templates are for predefined sets of fields, with values as defined by us upon loading. In SD 4.5, you can't create a template in which you can add a field.

If you can tell me in detail, regarding what you want to do, maybe I will be able to help you out.

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Dimitris Pantou
Valued Contributor.

Thanks Saurabh,

What I ma trying to do is:

I am defining a new category template and I am trying to add a new (not an existing one)template in this category. I want to add existing (in the database) fields in this template but I can't.
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Let me get this right...

you want to define a new category...

like there is Category, classification, etc. you want to define something on your own.

Is that correct??

Then you need to add another custom field for codes. And then define the new values in the admin console codes.

If that is not correct, I need to know more about your requirement.

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Dimitris Pantou
Valued Contributor.

Ok, let me try to put it as right as I can

There is in administrator console under Folder DATA a folder called TEMPLATES.

What I want is to create a new template in this folder so I can see it in the left pane under folder TEMPLATES and add some new fields in it or to correct an existing one (in left pane under folder TEMPLATES) by adding some fields in it.
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ok Dimitris,

I got the requirement. Now my response.

The templates option that you see below DATA, is further expandable to different types of templates. IF you expand it, you'll see different TYPES of templates like Accounts Address, Address Type, Application Account, etc. (these you can not create more).

If you want to create further more templates below these "template types" e.g. within Account -> you can do that by right clicking the right side of the pane, and going for "New Template". Even here, you can only define default values for the fields already specified in the given FORM for a particular ITEM.

In case, you want to add a new field to a particular ITEM, you need to add a CUSTOM FIELD and add it in the FORM (under Presentation). Then it will get added to the Template as well.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh