The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Service Pack 22 specification required

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Fenny_1
Collector

New Service Pack 22 specification required

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me from where i get the specification for SD4.5 SP22

And how to upgrade from SD4.5 SP17 to SP22

Thanx alot in advance
6 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: New Service Pack 22 specification required

Hi there,

You can download the SP from http://openview.hp.com/sso/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=SDSK_00108 (web console http://openview.hp.com/sso/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=SDSK_00109 ) and if you expand the SP (you do not need to do the install - just expand it) it will incude a doc folder.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Fenny,

Maybe it would be a good idea to wait a little until SP23 is ready. SP23 is due to this month at it contains a large number of fixes along with official support for Windows VISTA.
menes fhtagn
Fenny_1
Collector

Hi Ruth/Goerge,
Once again thanks for all ur help till now.

I want ur help on one more issue. As i told u earlier i have to forms
1. Technical Incident form
2. IT incident form

They both have a STATUS field with the following entries.

1.Registeres
2.In progress
3.Completed
4.Closed
5.Env Completed
6.Env Closed

On the technical form, i want all these entries but on the IT form i dont require Env Completed/Closed. So how can i do this?

Waiting for your help guys
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Fenny,

Again, this can be done through generic relations and a UI rule, it could be done based on current person and limit field range, but the better way to accomplish this is using roles and status entitlements.

It's not a good idea to use workarounds for things that can be implemented straightforward through roles. Is there any particular reason that you don't want to use roles?
menes fhtagn
Fenny_1
Collector

Hi George,
Can you please explain a bit more how it can be implemented using roles?
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Fenny,

Create two roles, one for Technical and one for IT. Assign each user to the appropriate role. At the incidents the IT role should be see the IT form and the Technical role the Technical Form. Also link the appropriate templates.

If Status Entitlement is enabled (check administrator console/administrator panel/general settings) then set the IT Role to see status from Registered to Closed while the technical role should be set to see status from Registered to Env Closed.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event