Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HP 4.5 Install Server Sizing

Highlighted
Edward_56
Acclaimed Contributor

New HP 4.5 Install Server Sizing

All,

We have decided to roll out HP ServiceDesk in our business. I am now sizing a server to run this application.

We have:
5 main locations
3500 employees
130 IT employees

Our help desk has:
6 level 1 analysts
4 level 2 on call

We intend to use the CMDB and implement Incident, Problem, Change and eventually SLM.

I won't get into budget here but I was thinking about Intel / Dual Proc / 2 GIG RAM.

Any recommended sizing tools from HP? And if not, any experience running SD in an environment of this size?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES
Edward_56
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New HP 4.5 Install Server Sizing

We also handle about 100 new incidents per day.
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Edward - this should come out as a small system in HP SD terms, presumably you will use SQL Server for database and house it all on one box? There is in existance a spreadsheet sizing tool but nowadays disks are so large in relationship to the numbers it generates that there is little point! A 2GB database will keep you going for years!
Edward_56
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks Mike. I'm looking at the hardware question specifically. Disk is, as you mention, fairly cheap and generic. I was just checking that a single server middle range intel server would easily handle my proposed environment with decent performance.
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

From my limited experience, your planned hardware should be more than sufficient to operate OVSD with your load. Make sure that you tune OVSD to make best utilization of your hardware resources.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event