New Custom fields table and name on database problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jack_Hertz
Super Collector

New Custom fields table and name on database problem

Hi all,

I have a situation that I've never seen before. I have some created custom fields getting the name changed from it's label to a huge number on the database. Example, the field with the name Concept, used to be A1$_Concept on the database and now it's something like A1$_544546343445120. In terms of reporting this is becoming a huge problem and I would like to know if this has happened to any of you.

This happened to several fields but not to all created custom fields. I can't find a pattern in this happenning.

Thanks all
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: New Custom fields table and name on database problem

Hello Jack,

It has happened also here at a custom text 80 chars field but fortunately that occurred at the test environment. But in our case it happened immediately after creating the field and not some time after.

You could alter the table (and you should also alter ifc_columns) but this is too risky.

About reporting, the things may be not so bad as you think, have a look at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1080043

menes fhtagn
Jack_Hertz
Super Collector

Any idea why this happens? Or is it just a random thing ?

Brilliant idea the query on the other post, deserve 10 points on this one just for the other topic :)

Cheers
Jack_Hertz
Super Collector

Thanks to your query from what i've noticed is that it gives it a number instead of correct name once that name already exists on the created custom fields. Particular example : I created a boolean custom field which later had to be changed to text(40), gave it the same name on the text(40) fields and because it already existed it changed it to number on the A1$_XXXXX.

I think this is the reason for it, thanks for the query, it was worth the question :)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event