New Custom Field

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Ananth Ram
Valued Contributor.

New Custom Field

Hi,
I am using OVSD 4.5 with Sp23. I want to add one custom field called Location in the main frame as "Service Call" or "Incident"...Please dont tell me that dont play with Database. As this is very much necessary for me. Expecting an answer.

Thanks In advance

Ram
5 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: New Custom Field

Hi
I try explain how to do that possible.
1. Create one additional references field in required section, example Servicecall. Let it be new Person filed. Set the name for field as "SC_PERSON1".
2. open SQL query manger and run :
select ATR_OID,ATR_UII_OID, ATR_ENTITY_TO_OID from IFC_ATTRIBUTES where ATR_NAME like 'SC_PERSON_1'
save the values ATR_OID and ATR_ENTITY_TO_OID ,example to notepad as 281487058927680,16,555155484.
Run
select ATR_ENTITY_TO_OID from IFC_ATTRIBUTES where ATR_NAME like 'Location'
Example,797442057.
This value need for next step, if like save too.
now run:
update dbo.IFC_ATTRIBUTES
set ATR_ENTITY_TO_OID = 797442057
,ATR_UII_OID = 16
where ATR_OID = 281487058927680
By this action you update relation, and now field link to Location field.
3. Stop the application server, clear the cache folder on server. Start the Applic. serer.
4. Open CF creation, now try create one more ref. field, in ref. list now be available Location. Create this field.
Go to SQL query manger and set back references for person field(555155484) , run:
update dbo.IFC_ATTRIBUTES
set ATR_ENTITY_TO_OID = 555155484
,ATR_UII_OID = 16
where ATR_OID = 281487058927680
repeat step 3.

now you have Location in SC.

Believe that help you.
Vasily
bhatta
Trusted Contributor.

Dear Ram,

Please let me know wht type of custom field you want to add like text, drop down,....

whether all the existing custom fields are being used completely.

waiting for your reply

Best Regards
bhatta
Ananth Ram
Valued Contributor.

Hi,
Thanks for the replay. I got it from the solution given by vesily. Thanks a ton.Now i got the problem of creating a DB rule perticularly for Location. Can anybody helps me.

EX. The condition is...When Location is created or modified...

Is this possible????

Regards,
Ram
bhatta
Trusted Contributor.

can you be more clariy regarding the DB rule conditions >> wht is the output you should get when Location is created or modified..........?

Best Regards
bhatta
Ananth Ram
Valued Contributor.

Hi Bhatta,
Thanks for the replay. Actualy i want to run a script. For that i want to give the condition as "when Location is created or modified" then i will apply one condition...then i will execute the script...