Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to audit approvers vote

Highlighted
www.erite
Regular Collector

Need to audit approvers vote

Hello,

We need a way to audit approvers vote: who said yes, no and their comments.
The option is not given in the history lines.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
www.erite
3 REPLIES
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

Re: Need to audit approvers vote

In the Administrators console, go to Security, Audit, Audit Rules, change, and there are numerous approval attributes that you can select to audit. Then they will appear in the history.
www.erite
Regular Collector

Yes but not the ones I want...
You can't audit on the vote itself (i.e. who said 'No' or 'Yes' and their comments).
It is needed because some of the approvers reject the change initially but will approve them at a later stage. For instance if the implementation dates don't suit them. Then the Change is sent back to the change builder for reassessment
and re-send to approvers.

Any ideas how I can capture this?
Thanks.
www.erite
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

Depends on the SP you are on but there are 2 audit fields that will be of value. The first one is "Approval Votes". This will show that the person changed there approval but it does not record if they selected yes or No. The second field of interest is "# of approved approvers". If someone votes yes they will increment this value. Therefore you can infer that if the "Approval votes" is modified and the # of approved approvers is not present in the history at the same time then they rejected the approval.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event