Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Name of the button (custom field) disappear

Joost Herregodt
Regular Contributor.

Name of the button (custom field) disappear

Hi,

In the form Service Call I've added a button "Start VNC Session" by change Serboolean 4 into "Start VNC Session, add the field into the Service Call form and make an UI rule. The button works perfect, but the name of the button disappears the next time I log in. The label on the button is "Serboolean4" instead of "Start VNC Session".

How can I solve this problem?

Regards,
Joost Herregodts
12 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Name of the button (custom field) disappear

Hi Joost,

Can you check what appears in the Data>Custom Fields>Service Call? Does it still say "Start VNC Session" there?

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Joost Herregodt
Regular Contributor.

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for your fast reply.

In Data-->Custom Fields --> Service Call appears "Start VNC Session", but when I open "Start VNC Session" the name is "SerBoolean4". (attachment)

Regards

Joost
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Joost,

what happens if you put the name in again on the custom field?

Regards

Ruth
Joost Herregodt
Regular Contributor.

Hi Ruth,

When I put the name again in the custom field and save it, nothing happens. The label on the button is still "SerBoolean4" and when I open the Custom Field again, the has automatically changed to "SerBoolean4".

The only way to change the name is to delete the custom field from the form (in Presentation), block the UI rule and rename the custom field. But the next I log in the name has changed again.

Joost
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Joost,

I think you should log this with HP

Regards

Ruth
Joost Herregodt
Regular Contributor.

Hi Ruth,

Ok, I will log this.
Thank you.

Regards Joost
Highlighted
Ganu_1
Super Contributor.

Hi Joost,

I had this problem in 5.0 When i migrate custom fields from my test server to production server, custom fields would show the same name has the original, like what you said i.e.Serboolean4.

Go to Presentation->open than form->right click on the field you wanted (select properties in 5.0 or select rename in 4.5). It will open that field form. Status will be "New". Change the status to Read, Accepted etc.
Save and close the form. Than reopen the form and change it back to "New". Restart service and check.

This way it worked for me.

Hope this helps you too..

Thanks
Ganesh..
Ondra Ernyei
Honored Contributor.

Hello Joost,

did you try to delete the client cache ?

Delete *.* in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\cache
and
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\Forms.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\Views.DAT

and restart the client.

I hope it helps,

Ondra
Joost Herregodt
Regular Contributor.

Hi Ondra,

It works, thank you. But when I delete all these files settings like "Defined Views "are also deleted. This doesn't matter for my account, but for the accounts of the Service Desk employees is this out of the question. Does anyone know which file in the cache has influance on the custom field button?

Regards Joost
Joost Herregodt
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

I found the file. The files are located in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\cache". The name of the file is labels****.rep.

Problem is solved. Thanks.

Regards Joost
Ondra Ernyei
Honored Contributor.

Joost,
if you want to keep locally defined views, delete everything except Views.DAT.

Cheers,

Ondra

P.S.: Assigning some points will be nice if you're happy with the solution I provided.
Ondra Ernyei
Honored Contributor.

Additionally, you can go to Options - Advanced and uncheck using Form cache and Views cache and check purging client cache upon exit.

HTH,

Ondra