SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

NO modify when closed

Hi people again !!

Just a question..

How can I make that when an item (SC or WO) is closed, nobody can change anything on it.

Thanks a lot!!

Ciao
4 REPLIES
Sean Almond
Honored Contributor.

Re: NO modify when closed

Put them in a folder with view only rights is one answer.

You could also limit status access via roles
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

God Idea, but it has a probem :(.

The state closed doesn't appear in the form for a service call or a WO, so nobody can close a SC.

What I need is that after a sc is closed, nobody can modify it, by they can close the sc.

Any Idea.

(Whe I set (access the folder entitlement)to true, I cannot acess to it in the role configuration console)

Thanks
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Sean's answer about status entitlement is still the best one, but you appear to have some other configuration issues.

Let's clarify the situation.

>>The state closed doesn't appear in the >>form for a service call or a WO, so >>nobody can close a SC.
Either:
a) you need to scroll down to see the status "Closed"; or
b) you have status entitlement enabled and configured, such that you cannot see it (you may have to set the status to "Resolved" first); or
c) the code value "Closed" has been deleted (or was not created yet).

>>What I need is that after a sc is closed, >>nobody can modify it, by they can close >>the sc.
It is hard to second guess what you mean here in the second part of your remark. Status entitlement is really the way to go. Your requirement is the raison d'être for status entitlement.

>>(Whe I set (access the folder entitlement)>>to true, I cannot acess to it in the role >>configuration console)
Have you created folders?

Keep on truckin'
-Josh

Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

Thanks a lot. It is solved.

the problem was that I hadn't created any folder.

Now I have two: Open, closed.

When a SC is created, it is enclosed in open folder, and with a db rule when a sc is closed. it is included in closed folder.

Then in the role, I've set that the user only can view the sc enclosed in closed folder, but they have modify access for sc in open folder.

Thanks again.