Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NNM integration with HPSD 4.5

Highlighted
Akies
Occasional Visitor

NNM integration with HPSD 4.5

Hi,
I have inegrated HPSD 4.5 with OVO to get auto incidents generated from OVO (which futher is inegrated with NNM) but I want that for some of the events, incidents should automatically generated from NNM.

Kindly provide the solution or any doc for the same.

Regards,
Akhil
5 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Re: NNM integration with HPSD 4.5

Hi Akhil,

I can't find the doc that I used, but i do remember the method.

In NNM, there is an event description screen. In that, you can specify the action that you want to perform when this event occurs. There you can specify the sd_event.exe command line with required parameters to log an incident. It also gives advanced options for correlations somewhere.

I know this is a very vague help... but hope it helps you...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Akhil,

Refer to Page 182 on the OVSD data Exchange guide (supplied along with the OVSD product Media). It has the detailed instructions to configure NNM-OVSD integration.

-Ram
Ganesha Sridhar
Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

NNM and OVSD integration is very straight forward. The SD EVENT is used to integrate the OVSD with external application like NNM. The NNM and OVSD integration is explained in the OVSD document.

HTH

Regards,
Ganesha Sridhara
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

thanks all for your replies...I want to know the NNM(installed on Unix) rather than windows..So a little bit confussed in the same..Also as per doc that I read, it was mentioned that incidents will be auto logged for events:

1) node up.
2) node down.
3) segment critical and,
4) network critical..

But I was an auto incident for interface up/down(i.e. link up/down)..I am fully new to unix so even do'nt know which file to call in NNM..

If someone has done this earlier then pls share.

Regards,
Akhil
Annie Lu
Occasional Contributor

Hello Akhil:
Not sure whether the file(http://sno.know.hp.com/teams/taiwan_gdes_annie/DLS%20Desktop%20Life%20Cycle/OVSD%20(OpenView%20Service%20Desk)/HPInsightNNM32.pdf) help or not. Working on the integration with SIM so far. Maybe NNM is the next. Anyway, hope it helps. Good luck!~

BR
Annie
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event