Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

NNM 7.5 and OVO 7.5 integration with SD 5.1 sp 2.1

Highlighted
VEERAMANI KANDA
Regular Contributor.

NNM 7.5 and OVO 7.5 integration with SD 5.1 sp 2.1

Hi all,

Please give me the step by step procedure for installing integration of Ovo and NNM to SD.

I have NNM and OVO running in 1 server. with sql 2005 sp1 installed.

SD and Radia in another server where SD database points to SQL server 2005 on my first server.

Please guide me configuring Integration with parameter passing. where to install loadobjects.exe and modification in conf files.

waiting for your +ve replies

with warm regards
veeramani Kandan V
7 REPLIES
Arthur Vandewaa
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: NNM 7.5 and OVO 7.5 integration with SD 5.1 sp 2.1

OVOU or OVOW?
VEERAMANI KANDA
Regular Contributor.

HI,

OVO, NNM & SD are in Windows OS only.

Please let me know Installation of integration details and configuration of file. Passing the parameters.

Regards
Veeramani Kandan V
Zoltan Molnar_1
Super Contributor.

Hi
I have exactly same situation. Anybody send You some information about integration? I find nnm integration setup file only in SD5.0 SP0 install media, and a patch for OVOW7.5 (this is for SD5.1 SP2.1 - think...). Is nnm integration is the same with 5.0 and 5.1?

Veeramani: I don't know, are you find some information; but in SD5.0 install media you find documentation: SD_Data_Exchange_Administrators_Guide.en.pdf
and this document write about NNM integration.
I hope help to You.
Best Regards
Zoltan
Zoltan Molnar_1
Super Contributor.

Hi
I find this file for SD5.1 integration with NNM and OVO:
http://support.openview.hp.com/patches/sdsk/5.0/win.jsp
VEERAMANI KANDA
Regular Contributor.

HI,

Thanks for the information.

I am Using SD 5.1 Patch 2.1 which is the latest patch for SD. and NNM and OVO integration software is available today. I am downloading the same now.

If you have the document telling step by step procedure for achieving Integration. Please update me.

Regards
Veeramani Kandan V

sandeep_
Honored Contributor.

Hey Veeramani,

This is a two step process;

1. OVO-NNM integration:

A. Load the MIB definition file into NNM.
B. Now the MIB should reflect in trapd.conf
C. Run this command to convert this trapd.conf to OVO-snmp trap template: ovtrap2opc /etc/opt/OV/share/conf/C/trapd.conf "SNMP Trap" SNMP
D. The above command will create the SNMP trap template with name "SNMP Trap" which will contain all the contents in trapd.conf. Edit the template for the required alarms.
E. Assign and distribute this template to NNM server, same as the OVO management server (on the same box-usually).

2. OVO-SD integration:

A. Specify in the template generated in step 1.D (above) whichever alarms you want to forward to SD (assuming that OVO-SD integration is there).

Let me know if you need something else.

Regards,
Sandeep
VEERAMANI KANDA
Regular Contributor.

Hi sandeep,

Thanks for the lots of information.

I am new to All these products. All the MIB is already loaded. If its for any specific product which is not there in the NNM Smart Pluggins, we can download the MIB and Upload right. And using MIB we can get the info from the specific product.

Can you be specific in the points. I am not understanding about the trap also.. Where will i get all these information so that i can go through it.

Thanks and do the needful.

With Warm regards
Veeramani Kandan V