Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple items selection

Highlighted
chinna!
Collector

Multiple items selection

Hi,

can we select multiple items from one selection box.

Example : if i raise a new change request i would like to select multiple configuration items. how can i achieve this.

I am using servicedesk 4.5 sp 20.

Regards,
Naren
6 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple items selection

Change only has a single entity reference for CI. You have to go down through a Work order if yu need a SET of CIs
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

The other way (since you are using SP20) is to create a generic relation between changes and configuration items, thus allowing to link any number of CIs to a change.

However since you can't update (related through generic relations) entities using DB rules and since the type of the generic relation doesn't appear in the "generic relations sub-view" (what the f*** have HP on their mind?) I don't think how useful will that be.

The other way (and the correct way IMHO) to do that is -like Mike wrote- use work orders.
menes fhtagn
chinna!
Collector

Hi,

Thanks For your information

can you please provide with the screen shot how we can create generic relation ship between the change and cis.

Thanks,
Narendra
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure Generic Relationships are the way to go, but :-

Go to DATA --> GENERAL --> GENERIC RELATION GROUP and create one for "From CHANGE To CI"

Then paste the attribute known as "Generic Outgoing Relations" onto your Change form.

(If you need them viewable from the CI then paint the "... Incoming ..." set onto that form).

See what you think, my main gripe would be the pain of setting up links one at a time!

(PS - you'll need to dole out some points to keep us encouraged to help you)
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

I meant "GENERIC RELATION TYPE" in that last post, you don't need to get into GROUPS for this! Sorry.
chinna!
Collector

Issue has been resolved

Thans for your support
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event