Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Updates Of History Lines

Highlighted
Hallsie
Acclaimed Contributor

Multiple Updates Of History Lines

Hi All,

I am attempting to locate a way of either adding one single History Line or Attachment to multiple calls. I cannot see a way to do this when selecting Update All with multiple SC's selected.

We are running OVSD 4.5 SP 17. Can anyone assist or provide a method to do this?

My aim is to export alot of Service Calls and an excel spreadsheet, use a mail merge to email the callers details of the Service Call and then be able to attach a history line into the job advising that i have emailed them (note, this does NOT need to contain the email, just tect saying something like 'Emailed client requesting update'

Any help would be appreciated
5 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple Updates Of History Lines

Hi,

can you create a DB rule that will send an email to the users. Add the details of the email into the DB rule and have the rule to fire when you select a custom check box.

Create the custome check box. Filter a view to show you all the SC's that you want to update.

Select all the SC's and run an update all checking the custom check box which should fire the rule.

if you add an entry into a text field also and have that as a audit field it should write you an additional entry into the history lines.
Hallsie
Acclaimed Contributor

Unfortunately I do not know how to preform the actions you have listed. I was hoping for a simple 'client' end solution. (ie, not having to change anything on the OVSD server)
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

how many calls are you looking at updateing.

One easier option. Do you use the 64K text field to hold a diary of all activity on the calls via user input and a 4k text field to add the update?
Hallsie
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible for you to give me an idea of how to create the Database rule on the OVSD server as per listed in your first response?
De Naeyer Robby
Super Collector

Hi,

As indicated before you should first add a custom field of the type boolean.
(You can chose to not put this field on any form, this way no body else will be confused with this new option. Not putting the field on a form implicates that you can not do a single update. Only thru multiple update.)

Then you need a database rule that is triggerd when call is created or changed
and "Emailed Client Update" field = True

The rule should do the following actions:
- add record in history
- reset "Emailed Client Update" field = false

Hope this helps. Your Service Desk administrator can help you on creating this rule.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event