Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Multiple SD4.5 Client instances help

Highlighted
Vleung
Trusted Contributor.

Multiple SD4.5 Client instances help

Hello

I'm trying to install a second client (SP23) to my machine for testing, while trying to keep the SP12 instance in the same machine.

Does anyone know how to go about this? I've tried searching through the forums and found some solutions dating back to 2003(this for example: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/OV-EN010565), which after a lot of trouble, still didn't work.
1 REPLY
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Multiple SD4.5 Client instances help

HI
create a copy of sd_useraccounts.ini and sd_client.ini , exmp. as sd_useraccounts_2.ini and sd_client_2.ini.
Modefy the eash files, as add to line path to hotfix and servicepack : jview /cp C:\Docume~1\\Applic~1\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Servic~2\hotfix.jar;C:\Docume~1\\Applic~1\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Servic~2\servicepack.jar;.....
copy all by Servicedesk folder from profile to new one as ...\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk to ...\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk 2

Ceate shortcut, where
target: "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\client\bin\sdlaunch.exe" bin\sd_client_2.ini
Start in: "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\client"

Copy servicepack.jar version of 23 to new folder ...\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk 2

Start client by new shortcut.

Vasily