The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Management Server in 5.0 SP1

Highlighted
CSTung
Super Collector

Multiple Management Server in 5.0 SP1

Our customer has 2 Management Servers for load-balancing and fail-over functions. I installed the SP1 on the secondary server. The Management Server Installer Wizard provides us two choices of group selection :

Default Installation, or
Secondary Server (without Certificate Server)

I picked the "Default Installation", and then select "Secondary Server Installation" checkout under Server Configuration when I installed the Management SW component on 2nd OVSD Server. Do I pick a right choice during the installation?

Our customers cannot login the database when they are connecting to the 2nd OVSD Server.

I also tried to select another option "Secondary Server (without Certificate Server)" on the 2nd OVSD Server. Customers have the same result.

Does someone have the same experience?

Thank you.
3 REPLIES
dschul
Regular Collector

Re: Multiple Management Server in 5.0 SP1

Hi Danny

We have been through the same. Try this if load balancing is not working.

1. On the primary server (the one running the certificate server): run the following command:

ovcert -exporttrusted -file c:\trusted.cert -ovrg server

(c:\trusted.cert is just a file name, you can choose any)

2. Transfer the file that is created (trusted.cert) to the secondary server (I assume it is put in c:\ again)

3. On the secondary server: stop all processes (ovc -stop)

4. On the secondary server: run the following command:

ovcert -importtrusted -file c:\trusted.cert

5. On the secondary server: start the object server processes again (ovc -start)

CSTung
Super Collector

dschul,

Thank you for your info. It works.
CSTung
Super Collector

Thanks!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event