Did you mean: 

Multiple Hotfixes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Eric Bivens
Super Collector

Multiple Hotfixes

I am using HP Service Desk 4.5 SP25. Is it possible to install more than one hot fix?
Thanks
7 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Multiple Hotfixes

Hello,

you can only have 1 hotfix installed at a time, if you have hotfix files compatible for your SP for 2 (or more) different issues, you'll need to merge them.

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if you have support with HP they may merge the hotfixes for you provided you have a valid reason for not going to a higher SP or if the latest SP does not contain the hotfixes.
Rory Emmans

I work with Eric and I just want to say one of the hot fixes we currently have installed was supplied by the HP Forums that fixed out drag and drop attachment feature that did not work with SP25 and Dynamic forms. HP said they would fix the drag and drop feature feature in SP27. Would HP merge a Hotfixs even though one of them was not a HP generated Hotfix?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I can't say 100%. provide the "unofficial" hotfix to them and see what they say. if they have it fixed in SP 27 but you cannot upgrade for a specific reason and you (the customer) has a support contract they may look into it for you. - Can't say its 100% guaranteed but state your case if you need to.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

I would say it worths the shot ask HP the possibility to merge them, you can explain them the source of the hotfixes.

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

You can do that by using jar command (part of JDK) or just simple zip. The .jar files are in fact .zip files. So just uncompress one of them (with directories) and add what you get to the other one (be sure to extract and then add back with pathnames). That should do the trick.
Rory Emmans

It would be nice to award points since people are replying to your question!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event