Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Multiple Email Addresses in Person Record

Highlighted
Emille
Contributor.

Multiple Email Addresses in Person Record

Hi all,

We have experienced a limitation within Service Desk 4.5 SP15.

A lot of our staff have two email addresses and depending on which site they are working at, will depend on which email address they use. However SD4.5 only allows one email address to be set within the person record. So they are unable to log a request automatically from one of their email addresses.

Is it possible to allow multiple email addresses to be set in a person record to rectify this issue?

I am led to beleive this is a feature of SD5 but at this point in time, an upgrade is not an option.

Is another workaround available?

Thank you
6 REPLIES
Sean Almond
Honored Contributor.

Re: Multiple Email Addresses in Person Record

You can have two person records with different email addresses.

I know its not ideal but it is an option
Ross Noden
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Emile,

I'm no expert but we just place a semi-colon between the 2 email addresses [see attachment] however there is a limit to the field size so more than 2 runs out of room.

Best of luck, Ross...
Emille
Contributor.

Thanks Ross,

I will give that a shot and see how it goes.

Regards,

Emille
Emille
Contributor.

I have tried the semicolon after the email but the field does not have enough characters available to put in another email address.

Any other suggestions?
Venkatesha_1
Outstanding Contributor.

The E-mail field may be a custom filed of lesser size.

You can create a custom field with more size. See the available fields for customization.

Also the default Notification Mail ID you can use( I guess its size is 255 chars)

The mail id seperation is with , not with ;

Hope this solves your problem

Regards
Venkatesha !
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Emille,

Keep in mind that if you use the function to create service calls from incoming email, you must have unique values in the email address field, which ovsd uses to respond to the email. This is the only way it can know who sent the mail and validate the sender against the person records (assuming you have configured the function for validation). If you need this function, check how it works before you start to try multiple email addresses for person.

-Josh