Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Than work order in one service call

Highlighted
Ahmed ALi_2
Super Collector

More Than work order in one service call

i have a situation, the scenario goes like this , i have 3 work orders in one service call , i made a rule when work order status is done or close change the service call status , the point is i need the service call status to be changed when all the three work order status are done or closed , is it doable ?
4 REPLIES
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

Re: More Than work order in one service call

Somebody on the forum (sorry can't remember who) posted a solution with this document attached.
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have implemented this same functionality, although I didn't know of the document at the time. I'm pleased to say it follows a very similar pattern.

I made use of the default controls to add new work orders rather than use Smart Actions.

It may help to briefly outline what happens.

When the SC is first created it has one associated WO. A count on the SC form is set to one. If additional WO's are added the count is incremented. If a WO is closed the count is decremented. So the count always reflects the number of Open WO's.

When the count reaches zero, (ie all associated WO's are closed), the SC is automatically closed.

Rules also prevent the SC from being closed when not all associated WO's are closed.

Hope that helps.

Peter
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

I'm the author of the document. That, said the smart actions are not really necessary. Pressing "Add" (with the help of some ui work order rules) can accomplish the same things.
menes fhtagn
Ahmed ALi_2
Super Collector

Guys Thank you so much for your fast reply,
I will try it and will get back to u soon.

Thanks Again
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event