cancel

Modifying CI view in Service Calls

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
JW3
Respected Contributor.

Modifying CI view in Service Calls

Software: OpenView ServiceDesk 4.5 (SP7)

In addition to 32-bit XP, we are starting to support 64-bit, and are looking toward supporting 32 and 64-bit Vista. I would like to make visible the OS in service calls via Configuration Item data, but currently can only see the Node number, Name 1 and Location variables. I cannot find where to go to add OS to this view. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES
JW3
Respected Contributor.

Re: Modifying CI view in Service Calls

Also, my OS variable is currently set as a text field. Is there a way within the CI to make the field a drop-down with preset values (XP-32, XP-64, etc) ?
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi there,

I assume that you are referring to the grey box which appears under Configuration Items ona Service Call.

To alter what appears there, go to Tools>System>Presentation>Search>Configuration Item and add the fileds you wnat to the Quick View list.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
JW3
Respected Contributor.

That worked great for making the OS field visible. I'm still having no luck with creating a drop-down with pre-selected values.
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Jeremy,

To make OS a drop down, go to Tools>System>Data>Custom Fields>Config Item and activate a code field calling OS (or whatever you like).

Then go to Tools>System>Data>Codes>Config Item and select your new code. (if it does not appear try F5 to refresh or log off and back on again)

Enter values you wnat to appear in the drop down. Then add the new code field to the form and amend the Quick View again to show this field.

Hope all this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
JW3
Respected Contributor.

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you.