The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing views in Admin Console - CIs

Highlighted
Jade Warren
Occasional Advisor

Missing views in Admin Console - CIs

I am in the process of building forms for CIs. The fields for 'Parent CIs', 'Child CIs', and 'Related CIs' all display a view that has search code, name 1, name 2, serial number, and so forth.

These fields are not relevant to my organization's needs for the CI form. Where can I change these views?...I've looked in the admin console under presentation/views and presentation/search and cannot find the appropriate view. Right-clicking in the form field does *not* give me the option to customize or define the current view.

On a similar note, if a view is deleted that was tied to system objects, the objects seem to keep the view as it was, but there is no way to "relink" the system object to a new view?...any fixes for that?

Thanks much,

Jade
2 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: Missing views in Admin Console - CIs

Not being able to customize the views on sets like Parent, Child, Related is a known deficiency.

Not sure about the "relink" issue, does it require a Server restart to pick up? Or is it that some views are "hard-wired" and cannot be affected by ANYTHING?
Jade Warren
Occasional Advisor

Re: Missing views in Admin Console - CIs

Thanks for your response...unfortunate that that is a known deficiency...I suppose that (since we're not using Name 2) I will set up DB rules to write some relevant information to that field.

Regarding the relinking: when going to the admin console/presentation/views and then deleting a view, the admin console will occasionally give an error stating that the view is related to certain roles or accounts and cannot be deleted. However, clicking 'OK' results in the view being deleted from Presentation/Views but still being "viewable" by the afore-listed roles/accounts...when I then create a new view and assign it the same name as the deleted one, the updated view does not cascade to the roles or accounts that supposedly reference it.

Cheers,

Jade
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event