Migration tool for migration from SD4.5 to SM7

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jitka Urbanikov
Respected Contributor.

Migration tool for migration from SD4.5 to SM7

Hi,

does anyone know if migration tools for migration from SD4.5 to SM7 are already prepared by HP and available for HP partners?
Thanks,

Jitka
11 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Migration tool for migration from SD4.5 to SM7

Hi,

tha last thing I heard was thet HP have some migration tools but these are only available if you use HP ot a HP approved SM7 migration partner!!! to ensure a smooth "migration".

However rules and forms will not be migrated and will have to be recreated manually. This it is not a straight forward migration as the rules and workflow are paramount and may not translate well into SM7.

Best to speak to HP or SM7 migration partner.
J. Chris Perry
Regular Contributor.

Mark,

Do you have contact information for SM7 developers at HP or HP partners who can conduct an SD-to-SM migration?

Thanks.

Chris
Jay Mistry
Outstanding Contributor.

You would be best off contacting your HP account manager, im sure they will then get someone from the migration team/upgrade factory to contact you.
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

We recently talked with HP about an OVSD 5.1 to SC6.2 migration and, since I'm through pulling punches, it looks like a frightfull mess. Seriously, how good are the migration tools from 4.x to 7.1 if its not pulling over rules and forms?

So at best your getting the names of your custom fields, whatever data is in your tables (hopefully!), and accounts.

If I can't have by business process (rules) mapped in, I might as well be installing a brand new tool and importing data via SQL. Calling this a "migration tool" is like calling a hammer a "dam building tool". Sure you need hammers to build dams, but you also need ludicrous amounts of time and capital.

From what I can see, the move from SD to SC is a full out re-implementation (complete with skillset obsolescence), no matter the version.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

post your email address and I will pass it on to someone I know that should be able to give you some additional advice should you want to think about the move.
Jitka Urbanikov
Respected Contributor.

Thanks to all for contribution.
We plan to migrate from SD4.5 to SM7 till the end of this year. Our HP partner will be involved and responsible for the migration process.
We expect a lot of reimplementation work regarding rules and forms.
But till now we do not have any concrete information (and we keep asking our HP partner too) about existence of any let's say tool to make transition to SM7 easier.
We would like to have this information to
assess how real our plan is.

Jitka
Jitka Urbanikov
Respected Contributor.

Mark,

I would really appreciate additional advice regarding move.
My email address is jurbanikova@sk.uss.com

Thanks,

Jitka
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I have sent your request to someone in HP that may be able to help.
Jitka Urbanikov
Respected Contributor.

Many thanks, Mark!
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

HP is offering partner certification training and testing for the migration tools. The first event offering certification testing will be the Partner Galaxy event in New Orleans in the U.S. the week of March 17.
Jitka Urbanikov
Respected Contributor.

Thanks, Carol, this is type of information I was looking for.

Jitka