The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration attachment files.

Highlighted
veeratee
Super Collector

Migration attachment files.

Hi,

I have another ServiceDesk system and we need to migrate the tickets and attach files to HPOVSD ServiceCall, for tickets I have a solution to do via data importing.

Anyway for attach files migration I have no idea, therefore Is anyone can advise/suggestion the possible solution to cover this requirements..?

Regards,
Veerat.
7 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Migration attachment files.

Hi there,

The only thing I can suggest is you use the update email interface to do this by using DB rules to send update email commands between the 2 system.

When you create the new calls on the other system, record the older systems ID in a field on the new system. Let this trigger an email to update the old system with the ID on the new system in (for example)the Source ID field on the old system.

Then on the old system, this updating of Source ID could trigger an email back to the new system to update the calls there and use the option to send attachments.

I have not actually tried this but I think it might work.

Hope it helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi Veerat,

Try creating the same attachment folder in the new system and copy all the attachments with the same name in that. Also, if u are using SD 5.X then in new system, do the same ftp settings as the current one.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Akies
veeratee
Super Collector

Hi,

To make clear the another ServiceDesk system what I mean is the diference ServiceDesk system not the same as HPOVSD ServiceDesk, for examp SPA-Sub CS ServiceDesk.

Regards,
Veerat.
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi Veerat,

In case, this a different software then it is not possible to migrate the data since the table structure of HP OVSD is diff den other.

Regards,
Akies
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

If the other system is no HPSD then any migration will depend on the facilities and features of that system.

If the system allows attachments via email then my previous suggestion may still work.

Regards

Ruth

PS it is usual to assign some points when people try and help you!
http://www.teamultra.net
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I am agree with Ruth. But Ruth, I think veerat wants to migrate his existing attachments attached with the call..

Veerat: see hows the attachments are stored in your new system. Is there any field with each service call in new system pointng to the path of attached files? If so then create a text field in OVSD service call. Copy the attchment path details of each call in new field. Generate an excel report with all the details of the call along with that field and while uploading it into new system, point this new field with the attachment path field(if any) of the service call table of your new SD system.

Hope this helps.

And, I agree with Ruth..Its always better to assign points :-)

Regards,
Akies
veeratee
Super Collector

Hi All,

Thanks for all suggestion.

Best Regards,
Veeratee.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event