Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Items question

Highlighted
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Menu Items question

Recently I have imported CI's into HPOV 4.5 SP17.

So we have begun relating calls to CI's and CI's to Users etc. I have created some smart actions to perform required tasks and those are running smoothly, (Thanks to Mark for that).

My question is how to customise the popup menu that appears when the user clicks the Config Items control, (see attached jpg).

Once a CI is chosen, the actions etc. become available.

I'd like to remove "CI's Owned by Organisation" and "New" from the menu that is displayed.

I've looked under actions, in the Admin Console and under Views but I can't see where they come from?

Please can somebody tell me where they come from and how to stop them appearing in the popup menu ???

Thanks
5 REPLIES
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

Re: Menu Items question

Hello Peter,
Unfortunatly it seems to me that you will not be able to Remove "New" from this menu, since it is hardcoded on the HPOV SD system.

Those options where predefined from HP and I don't think we can configure those.

Rgds,
Michel
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Michel,

Thanks for that, I thought that might be the case but, what about "CI's Owned by Organisation" ?

Can I remove that option?
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

I thought "CI's Owned by Organisation" would be a kind of action, but is not.
So I assume that it is the same for that entry -> not configurable.

Sorry...

Rgds,
Michel.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Peter,

While you can't remove "New" you can disable it. Remove from the role the ability to create new configuration items.
menes fhtagn
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

OK, maybe I can't remove it then?

George, I don't want to remove their ability to create new CI's, I just don't want them to be able to do it from here, for reasons which are a bit too long to explain. But thanks anyway.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event