The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memo (64K) field in Advanced Find in SD 4.5 SP 18

Highlighted
Maximo 5
Regular Collector

Memo (64K) field in Advanced Find in SD 4.5 SP 18

Hi

The 64K field in Advanced Find doesn't appear.

Why?

Thanks
15 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Memo (64K) field in Advanced Find in SD 4.5 SP 18

HI
Allow only in Web console, if in your system exist Tomcat then I can proposal solution base on Tomcat engine, from 10 points :).

Vasily
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

In 4.5 you can use sd_dataform in a smart action for this:

sd_dataform -ListAlways "form name" "64K filed name[Contains]text you want to search on"

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

Hello guys,

Thank you Ruth for your solution...This was a problem I tried to solve for moment now.

Michel
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

After having tried Ruth solution It seams that you only can search on predefined string (fixed). Isn't it possible to prompt a Window with a field where the user could enter his search "string"?

Rgds,
Michel
Maximo 5
Regular Collector

When I execute the smart action appear the next error: view attach

Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

I think this might be an Oracle restriction: I know you can use this ona SQL server DB but I am not sure about Orcale.

To amswer Michel's point:
You can use a custom field for this and have a UI rule which triggers the smart action when something is entered in the field.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Maximo,

it is possible from SP 19 if you have any plans to upgrade

- ITSM008604
String 64k field can be used in search condition now. User can select the String 64k field in advanced tab page of filter definition.
It is only supported when Service Desk is running on SQL Server database or Oracle database which has converted LONG to CLOB datatype.
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

Yes I agree this works. But on a functional point of view open a Service Call to search on a Service Call ... is a little be tricky!?

No Window pop-up? :o(

Thanks anyway for the provided solution :o)

Rgds,
Michel
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

HI
I did this functionality for Adv.find for any SP belong 19.
The way: Action -> Run .jsp where SQL statement-> Statement return ID -> ID returned to Service Desk using ActiveX windows components by running com.hp.ifc.ui.comInterface.comClient.java.AppCommandLineInterface (sd_dataform).

Vasily
Guy Salomon
Regular Collector

This has been an issue that has plagued me since we put in 4.5.

The not being able to find any good "context" documentation is the rule sd_dataform Ruth listed entered as is?

Also about putting a custom field in I assume you mean on the Client form?

Also going to SP 19 maybe a good idea BUT doesn't that then prevent you from eventually moving to 5.2?

Lastly instead of going to SP 19 is there any chance there is a patch that could be applied to just get that functionality??
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

going to sp 19 does stop you going to ver 5.2 but SM7 should be available end of 2007.

I dont think a patch can be made available as I think the introduction of CLOB for the database is tied in to the ability to search the field. I had a different request to HP regarding making the CLOB change available as a hotfix or patch but they said that they could not as the patch is designed around Java 1.4 and they will not make available under java 1.3 - though you could always log a request with then for this and see what they say
Guy Salomon
Regular Collector

Thanks Mark i will have to ponder my next step..and 8 points for you.

Now does anyone have suggestions about sd_dataform?
Guy Salomon
Regular Collector

OOOOppppppsss sorry Mark I forgot I could award points only the question author.

Maximo 5 could you please give Mark 8 points on my behalf.

Thanks
g
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

2 Guy Salomon
Yes, I did, but people don't like listen me.

Vasily
Guy Salomon
Regular Collector

Vasily, I am listening only I don't live and breath SD so I need more detail (see my previous request) than your summary provided.

Information on SD_forms has always been lacking. Seems you learn it by trial and error. Documentation on this topic is almost totally absent.

I will listen but I don't have the skill set just to "be pointed in the right direction"

Thanks in advance,
g
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event