Material about SP versions

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Material about SP versions

Hellow, Friends!

Have you material about SPs versions of Service Desk system?
Type: The Version X corrects this and this problem. The Version Y corrects this problem but other problem doesnt.

Regards,

Marcela.
12 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Material about SP versions

Hi Marcela,

When you download a SP and extract the contents, you will find a folder called doc which contains a file called defects.htm which has the details you want.

I have attached the one for SP 16

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Marcela,

Go to http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=SDSK_00058

At the end of the page all service packs till SP16 will be listed. There you can click and read information about each one of them.
menes fhtagn
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

George, hellow!!!

I dont have access in this page.
Can you paste these informations on the Word document and attachament on this Thread?

Regards,

Marcela.
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

Happy New Year to all of you.

Please find the attached file to go thorugh the doc as provided by George through link.

Regards,
Akhil
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Happy New Year to all of you,too.

Friends...

Across these informations is it possible realize a study for know what is SP version that can correct the larger numbers errors on the Service Desk?

What is SP version you recommend me?

Regards,

Marcela.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Marcela,

I suggest to upgrade at least to SP7. I had also good experience with SP13. The current (SP16) is also stable but the overview actions became to slow (fixed in SP17), so If you are using them a lot, avoid SP16.
menes fhtagn
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

SP 7 is the earliest that you should consider. Maybe take a staged approach to upgrade to SP 7 and then look at going to a higher SP e.g. SP 13/16 as suggested by George to get the additional functionality and fixes offered.

I don't know if going directly from having no SP's to the latest will cause problems but you will know if you have a test system to try the upgrade on.

As mentioned before besure to have the necessary backups done before hand.
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

Both of them are right..When I used HPSD 4.5 for the first time then I did implementation without sp7 (which is said to be stable).Lateron,I realised that lot of enhancements can be achieved with sp7(in my case, I was looking for rules).So we upgraded it to sp7.
Now currently I am using sp13...which is also very stable except some few issues which can be fixed.I have'nt used sp16 yet..

Like george said,better to go for sp7 and then later you can use sp13/16 after you study them properly..

Regards,
Akhil
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Friends...

After SP 15, is it possible configue summer timetable on the Service Desk?

Regards,

Marcela.
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Marcela,
Im trying understand what do you mean with summer timetable. Do you have problems with DST (daylight summer time Horario de verao)?
Right now , Im running SP11 with a hotfix installed and I dont have problems with DST.
Regards,
RA
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Rubem, alo!

Yes, summer timetable = daylight (horário de verão).

Regards,

Marcela.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hey, friends!!!

Thank you for support.

Regards,

Marcela.