The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive Loads using XML files

Highlighted
Cesar Lozano
Regular Collector

Massive Loads using XML files

Hi!

Does anyone know if its possible to run
Massive Loads using an XML file??... nowadays
I use an Excel file but i was wondering if an XML file would do the same and what configuration would i need?.....

Im working with HPOV SD 4.5 - SP15

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Cesar
5 REPLIES
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

Re: Massive Loads using XML files

You can load XML's using the Data Exchange without the ODBC connection. If you get the data in the proper XML format and set up your import mapping to map to the proper fields the Data import work perfectly. You don't have all the formatting propblems you normally run into tryinh to do excel.
Cesar Lozano
Regular Collector

Thanks jconsola_CEX!!...

But, do you have any document about how to do this massive load with an XML file?..

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Cesar
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Cesar,

I'm not quite sure that I follow you. Unless you are using sd_event for data import, all other methods require an xml file for import.

So even in Excel, the data source is queried and an xml file is generated (This is called data export). Then using this xml the import is done.

Can you clarify your inquiry?
menes fhtagn
stoney_2
Regular Collector

hi cesar,

every week we import an 85meg xml file using
data exchange.(users, workgroups, roles, sites etc) for our initial CI bulk load we used 65m excel files.

its a long way to the top if ya wanna
stoney_2
Regular Collector

hi cesar,

every week we import an 85meg xml file using
data exchange.(users, workgroups, roles, sites etc) for our initial CI bulk load we used 65m excel files. SD4.5 SP18 now SP21

its a long way to the top if ya wanna
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event