Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Manual linking SP accounts to Person rec.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Yauhen
Super Contributor.

Manual linking SP accounts to Person rec.

Hi everyone! I need a bit of assistance with rather simple question. I did it on 5.1! I need link SP accounts to Personnel accoutts in order to see who sent RFC or SC.

In 5.1 it was simple. Just open open personnel record, press account button, choose SP accounts, make search and choose record!

Now I am in front of 4.5 sp 26 + Client 2008. When I open Organisation->Person->Person record I can see Accounts field in the form, I press it and I cannot choose between SP accounts and Application accounts. SP accounts are not presented here!

How can I link SP account + Person record? Any help will be appreciated.
11 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Manual linking SP accounts to Person rec.

Hi,

when the user requests an account from service pages the relationship will be made - can't remember off hand if you can do it from the person record --- but then again you should be able to go to the admin console - the section at the bottom for service pages has a section for creating service pages accounts so you can at least ceate them manually there and then see fi they can be linked to the person record.
Yauhen
Super Contributor.

I did. I'd created Person record and SP account. The question is how to link them in SD 4.5 in order to see which user made RFC? The problem is when my SP users make incedents or anything else it's not associated with their Person recors (Caller ID is absent).

I did it several times in SD 5.1, how it can be done in 4.5?
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Yauhen,

When you click on the account button in the Person record, it displays both Application accounts and Service Pages accounts, or at least that is shown on my Client 2008.

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Yauhen
Super Contributor.

Yes in my opinion it's supposed to be here! What should I do to trobleshoot this situation?

Maybe it's a problem of some View? Or Filter? Where should I dig?
Yauhen
Super Contributor.

Ok I have some progress!

In my case I think it's I view problem or smth like that. I spent some time thinking how to enable SP Accounts, and what I mentoined!

When I press a button Account (In person record) In field View I cannot choose SP Account or Application account (how it is supposed to be), but I see just one list called "Account" it is list of MIXED accounts Application ans SP! How can I sort them?

I managed to link my Person to SP account, but how can I creade separate View Lists for SP ans Apllication accounts?
Juan J Padilla
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Yauhen,

I got the same situation. I have a list with 1500 accounts, and there is no easy way, unless you open them, to know if they are SP or application account.

My advice:
We have a standard way of creating accounts, depending on how the account name starts with, we know if it's SP or the other, so we can easily differentiate between them.

I know it's not a solution, but it's all we have.

Regards.
Yauhen
Super Contributor.

Thank you all. I just thought that there is no way out! But it is...

Maybe someone managed to create separate views? Let wait a bit, if were not further responses I will close the thread.
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

We use a very simple way around this (since you can't modify the Account view). Just add "-SP Account" to the end of the Display Name when you create each Person's SP account. We also add "-SD Client" to the end of the Display Name for full SD CLient accounts.

Then you can always see what sort of account is in the list.
Sorry this won't help fot he accounts you've already created, but would do in future.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

There is one way to modify the view which I think will persist. (As long as you are using an Account with System Admin):
- in the Person record, click on the icon to the right of the account field. This will give a Quick Find list of all accounts
- Right click on the Headings line of the view (ie the line with Display Name etc.)
- This should give a menu box. Choose the bottom option "Customise current view"
- This should then display the normal View editing window.
- Choose Fields and add "Item Type" which will display the Account type.
- You can then also Sort/group etc.

I would not change the Filter though, becuase that filter will apply in the future and you won't see full client accounts.

I think HPSD should still remember this view modification when you log on again (it did for me).
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Yauhen
Super Contributor.

HA! thank you! It's seems to be solution!!! Thank you very much!!!
Yauhen
Super Contributor.

I tried it It works!