Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Mandatory customs fields in relation with account types

Highlighted
JK Mol
Regular Contributor.

Mandatory customs fields in relation with account types

Hello,

i am using a mandatory custom field (change code x). So far as i can see it is not prossble to use this in combination with an account on this field that is read only. So the mandatory use is given up when this field is for e specific account 'read only'.

Those somebody know a way to use this fucntionality.

I am using 4.5 sp.8.

Gr. Jos Mol
6 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Mandatory customs fields in relation with account types

Hi
If you like so this field be filled in the 1-st time(after creation), use template where code is set. If those people must change this item where exist read only mandatory field in process time, did it (change this code field on non empty value) before, example: create the Code -none- and set in any Templates. Create DB rule if Code is empty set -none- .

Vasily
JK Mol
Regular Contributor.

Thanks Vasily for reacting so soon,

but this is not my problem.
Example:
account A have read only rights. On a specific moment in the change proces A does not have the rigth to change this field, accont B must change this field, he is the only person who have the rigth to set an value in this field. The problems is that it is still be possible that A closes the record even when this mandatory field not is filled in.

Hope you understand now my problem.

Gr. Jos
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Yes, I understood. But you A can't modify this field, so simulate the empty code name,
add in code one more code name:
code + 1-st code
+ 2-d code
+ ...
+ None
and use this name 'None' as default every time or change the name on ' '(space) or '...' - how you like.

Vasily
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jos,

I think you have 2 separate issues here:

1) making a field mandatory for a given status; and

2) allowing only a certain role to update a certain field (as opposed to allowing only that role to update the entire item)

The first is easy enough to configure directly in OVSD; the second is extremely difficult to do in OVSD. The question comes up often on this forum, and all solutions are cludgy. Do you really really need this, or is it a nice to have?

-Josh
JK Mol
Regular Contributor.

Hello,

reply to the last reaction.

It is the second way. I am disappointed about the answer, it is unfortunality not a nice to have.

I ve asked this also to our service provider, i get the same answer. They ve made a call to HP.

Thank you all for reacting.

Gr. Jos Mol
JK Mol
Regular Contributor.

Thanks to all