MOM 2005 and SD 4.5 Integration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sharon F. Santi
Honored Contributor.

MOM 2005 and SD 4.5 Integration

Hi,

Does anyone has an integration guide for MOM 2005 and SD 4.5? I'v been searching and found only the MOM2000-SD4.0 integration. There are also links saying where it could be found but there is an error displaying the page. Also, the SD4.5 Integration guide doesn't discuss this. This is my first time to do this integration and I need guide on how will be done.

Thanks,
Sharon
10 REPLIES
Misaq
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: MOM 2005 and SD 4.5 Integration

You can find intergration patch and document on the patch site
Sharon F. Santi
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I'v installed the MOM integration module release 2 and followed the instructions on the documentation on how you could successfully configure MOM to forward alerts to SD, but still no alerts forwarded to SD. Also, there isn't any log (sd_event.log & sd_event_error.log)generated that is why I don't know where to check for possible errors.

When I tried to use the sd_event.exe from the command line to test if it works, I had successfully logged an incident in SD and this is the only time the log file was created. What seems to be the problem with my config? Need to successfully integrate ASAP.

FYI:Lab setup, SD4.5 P12 and MOM 2005 installed on the same server.

Thanks,
Sharon

Sergiy Bilous
Trusted Contributor.

I guess that if no sd_event log is created then MOM does'n run it. So you should check the alert rule. By default the subgroup "Create incident in Service Desk" is disabled, so alert does not fire.
One more thing I thought of - the credentials in sd_event.ini file. Be sure you use proper ones.

Good luck!
Sharon F. Santi
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I'v checked SD this morning and found out 1 incident from MOM being logged. I think this answers whether sd_event is running or not. However, I wonder why only 1 event was logged. I checked MOM & there are several events on the same alert criteria..I believe this should also be logged, right? I rebooted the server and when its up another incident was logged. Is there only a delay in logging the alerts? I also noticed that the time the incident was logged to SD differs from the current time of the server.

Sharon
Sergiy Bilous
Trusted Contributor.

Check the computer group which is associated with the rule group "Create incident in Service Desk". By default this rule goup is associated with "Microsoft Operations Manager Agents" - you should add the "Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Agents" if you are using MOM2005.
Hope this helps.
Sharon F. Santi
Honored Contributor.

Hi Sergiy,

I already added it and even the group for Exchange but still no other alerts were logged into SD. Also, no errors indicated in the sd_event_error.log.
Sergiy Bilous
Trusted Contributor.

By default sd_event.exe creates also "c:\debug.log" file. You have not noticed about it in your post. Does it exist and what is it's contents?
Sergiy Bilous
Trusted Contributor.

I guess I've found the solution of your problem (while making new installation I got exactly the same situation).

You must uncheck the setting "Disable execution of custom responses on Management Servers". You can find it on Security tab in Global Settings of MOM.
Sergiy Bilous
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

I guess I've found the solution of your problem (while making new installation I got exactly the same situation).

You must uncheck the setting "Disable execution of custom responses on Management Servers". You can find it on Security tab in Global Settings of MOM.
Then restart the MOM service.
Sharon F. Santi
Honored Contributor.

Hi Sergiy,

Thanks for all the responses. Disabling the custom responses on management server solved my problem. Though it took two days before the incidents to be logged on SD even MOM services was restarted, actually the server has to be rebooted.

Again, thanks and sorry for the late points I wasn't able to check the forum after I got the solution. Hope to here again from you regarding future inquiries.

Regards,
Sharon