MOM 2000 integration with SD 4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
James Andertom
Esteemed Contributor

MOM 2000 integration with SD 4.5

Hi All,

I would like to integrate MOM 2000 with SD4.5. In the HP manual it says there is already an integration available to forward events from MOM to Service Desk. Does anyone know whether this requires any extra software to be installed on the MOM server. I am assuming that I would have to install the Service Desk agent on the MOM server so it can call sd_event but was wondering does the MOM server require any additonal MOM software

I would be grateful if anyone has experience of this and could share

Thanks
7 REPLIES
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor

Re: MOM 2000 integration with SD 4.5

Hi,

Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) integration is presented in HP OpenView Service Desk 4.5 Data Exchange Administrator's Guide (pag.266 - pag.281).
You can install HP OV Service Desk Integrations application by using the
setup program on the HP OpenView Service Desk Windows CD-ROM.
You need to create some DB rules in Service Desk (one or more).

In order to automate processes in a way that's simple, there are some tools ("extra softare") like "Engyro Product Connector MOM to HP Service Desk", "Opalis Integration Packs", etc.

Regards,
Mihai

James Andertom
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the reply but it did not answer my original question. I had read the manual but it was not clear if anything is required to be installed on the MOM server

Thanks
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I hope you will find the solution at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=980128.

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Hi,

MOM Server:
Install the Service Desk agent on the MOM server (make sure it starts automatically!).
Copy sd_event.exe from the Service Desk application server to MOM server C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk 4.0\Agent\bin
Copy sd_event.ini to C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk 4.0\Agent\bin
In sd_event.ini replace servername with the hostname of the sd application server
Copy sd2mom.exe, sd2mom.ini and mom2sd.exe to C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk 4.0\Agent\bin
Copy mom_sd_alert_props.sql to a temporary directory. This will have to be executed once to set up a database procedure that is used by the integration.
In order to test your installation you need to copy testit.bat to C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk 4.0\Agent\bin.

Regards,
Mihai

Pradeep_30
Occasional Visitor

I feel copying the folder which contain sd_event.exe and sd_event.ini and configuring the sd_event.ini should help you. According to me there is no need to install anything
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor

Of course Pradeep
osbert
Super Collector

Hi Mihai and Enq,

I'm doing this integration too, but with SD5.1 and MOM 2005. Instead of using sd_event the command is OvObsLoadObject.

Do you know the steps to integrate SD5.1 & MOM 05? The files that Mihai talks about are for 4.5 and they are useless for 5.1

Please, any help would be great!

Osbert
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event