Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a document for SLM configuration in SD 4.5

Highlighted
mahesh k
Occasional Contributor

Looking for a document for SLM configuration in SD 4.5

Hi All ,
I am Looking for a document for SLM configuration in SD 4.5.
i got many inputs regarding SLM conf , Service conf from forum itself. But its confusing for me to relate all those to configure SLM.

Can anybody help me with the administration document which describe the whole process for SLM conf?

Regards
Mahesh
3 REPLIES
Dan Ioan
Frequent Visitor

Re: Looking for a document for SLM configuration in SD 4.5

Hi Mahesh,
Indeed is a hard job, because from theory to practical implementation of SLM process is a long distance. So, I suggest you the following approach, based on our practice:
1. Identify and make a list of your IT critical business services.Record one of these in SLM table;
2. Identify the group of all configuration items from your IT&C infrastructure (IT solution) that provide support for your service (servers, operating systems, different applications, network & communication elements) and relate them to your service one by one (service "uses" those CIs);
3. Create SLAs for that service and relate to organizations and/or person receivers. Relate too with IT business service. SLAs are based on service levels agreed with your customers and with underpinning contracts related to configuration items.
4. Monitorize your service levels. Here, you could have a great benefit by integration with HPOV Operations. This part (including reports about availability of your service) is the hardest.
5. Add operational and underpinning services related with your business service.
6. Go further if you have some positive results for the next services.
Remember that there is no infallible implementation model for SLM process! So you could try this way applying your knowledge to the reality of your organization using generous facilities of OVSD.
Hope this helps you a little.
Good luck!

Dan
mahesh k
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply . I will start according to guidelines.

Mahesh
mahesh k
Occasional Contributor

hi Dan
I have configured SLM for a service. In our case i have relate service to a group of person and we used to select Service field manually while logging call.
But now while generating the availability report i am not getting values for following fields ,
1. Number of calls over duration
2. Call Passed deadline.
3. Average Pickup and Solution time
I have created some test call exceeding deadline but it is not working.

Can anyone guide me to configure MTBF and availability ratio??

Regards
Mahesh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event