Remain Duration
Deadline

Group By Status

Sort By Remain Duration (Ascending)

Filter
were Status not equal to Closed

Auto Format

If Remain duration < 1 hr, color Red
If Remain duration between 1 & 2 hrs, color Amber.
----------------------------------------------

The problem is it takes around 20 secs to load when 162 Service calls are open out of 201. This is only test environment. On live, it takes more than 5 mins as number of calls are much more. User thinks the application is hung.

I know Remain Duration is causing this delay. As Remain Duration is calculated field and is difference between Planned Finish and Current time, SD takes lot of time to calculate this for all Service Calls.

How can it be reduced so that view gets loaded fast?
Is it wrong to calculate Remain Duration for a view?
Anything else you want to point out?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Alok
6 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: Long time to Load a View

It's not just Remain Duration which is bad news, any use of format rules to colour rows will slug performance, we had to be VERY careful which views used these options, only ones with small numbers of calls are viable.
Alok Shrotri
Frequent Visitor

I added Remain duration to 'All Service Calls(Table)' View and it took around 20 secs instead of 1 s.

Remaining duration is causing the problem.
I think this is not stored in database but always calculated. Same is the case with 'To Deadline' field.

Any more inputs??
Dean Morrell
Frequent Visitor

I have a client with the same problem - any more recommendations on how to streamline the views are greatly appreciated.

Alok/Mike, our view is displayed using color based on calculated fields, so I'll experiment with taking these fields out and see if it helps; thanks for the good idea.

-d
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but they still have some REALLY FUN ideas.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Do not use calculated fields in views. They are recalculated every time the view is refreshed. This is a major cause of performance issues.
Also limit the number of fields in a view that reference an other item (CI searchcode, location) as that will affect performance too.
If you are not using cache view, use it.
Alok Shrotri
Frequent Visitor

Here, customer wants to track calls which are near to their Planned Finish. The coloring in the view will highlight the calls which are approaching to Planned Finish.

Is there any other and better way rather than to depend on Remain Duration.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

As an alternative, you can always create a rule to fire a banner alerting them of the case that need their attention.
As usual, there are the pros and cons.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event