The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logged Users in SD4.5

Highlighted
GOWRANG
Super Collector

Logged Users in SD4.5

Hello,

Please note that we are using SD 4.5 with SP6.

I just to want to know how to find out the logged in and Logged out users of SD during a period of time.

I would really appreciate if anybody can provide a solution to this request.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gowrang
7 REPLIES

Re: Logged Users in SD4.5

Hello,

You can see this in the administrator console.

When you go to --> security --> audit you have 3 options:
1. Active Application Servers
2. Audit Rules
3. Logged on users

In the logged on users tab you can see all users that are logged on to servicedesk.

When you have problems with the licenses (because to many users are logged in, and some other can't access service desk) you can use session time-out to prevent this.

Can you tell if this answers your question?
GOWRANG
Super Collector

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

My question is we want to know who are all used the service desk for the last one hour and how long they used SD for the last one hour.

For example logged users won't provide any information for a user who logged some times back and logged out.

Regards,

Gowrang

I know that i have been looking for this in the past. I will look if i can find the information of that here internally.

I can't find the information here but i can give you the information as followed:

I thought that it's not possible to see the information of the logged on/logged out user in the administrator console.

It's possible to store this information with reporting in the database. ** remark: It's not supported by HP to adjust the database manually**

When you go to the database and then to the table REP_SESSION you'll see all active session. Here is als the filed "Session created" (time/date) available.
You can try to use reporting tools to catch this data and "report" it to the output that you prefer.

Hopefully this helps you a little.
Ben Snell

Hi

From SP12 there is an Audit capability which records these events. Something to consider upgrading for?

Regards
Ben

Hello Ben, can you maybe tell us how to do this? I don't think it's possible.

To come back to my last post on the database:
You can also use a database trigger that writes the information of REP_SESSIONS to another location (for example a file) when there has been something changed (in REP_SESSIONS).
Ben Snell

Hi

After the upgrade you'll need to login as an "AUDITOR" role and enable which events you wish the enhanced auditing to capture. One of these events is logon/logoff and is captured in the IFC_AUDIT_LOG table.

I have used database triggers to capture these sorts of event BUT BUT BUT any changes to the database schema are not supported and may invalidate your maintenance contract!

Regards
Ben
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event