Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Location Updation

Highlighted
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Location Updation

Dear All,

We run a UI rule in Person database where in when the location is picked in remarks field it will show the address and contact name of the location.

Suddenly it has stopped showing now.

I checked the rule it is in proper shape what other reason might be for this cause.

Regards
Anitha Raj
4 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Location Updation

Anitha,

If I understand correctly, you have a UI rule that is triggered by a change in the Remarks field. If a known location is typed in the Remarks field, it displays the address and contact name of the location.

I assume that by "location" you mean "organization" (because in OVSD "locations" do not have addresses or contact names).

What can go wrong ?
1) Your rule has been changed, or is blocked.
2) Your data is changed, so you are no longer finding the related information.
3) The information being typed is not exactly right (perhaps there are spaces or lower case letters instead of capitals).
4) There is a bug in OVSD resulting in intermittent execution of UI rules (I believe that such bugs have been documented and corrected by certain Service Packs).

Unless you provide some more information, it is difficult to diagnose.

-Josh
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Dear Josh,

This prilimnary check i have done i found the rule is working not blocked and location is typed properly without any space or Caps while typing. Looks this is all fine but as u said i doubt some bug is attacked our database.

Pls find the below attachment in history created by name shows Suma where in this lady had joined recently to our org and her id was created couple of days before but donno why the created by name is showing her's it was actually created by other login id.

Regards
ANitha Raj
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Anitha,

Can you please put an attachment of your UI rule that you have mentioned?? Also the attachment that you have provided has a Service Call displayed. I couldn't understand your query cleary.

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

I, too, do not really understand what you are trying to do and what is going wrong.

You should check the log on the client PC where the rule should execute. You may find there details of whether the rule is triggered or not, and what it is really doing.

-Josh