cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Localized dates on sd5.1

Highlighted

Localized dates on sd5.1

Hello,
We use sd 5.1 sp3. We have problem copying date fields to excel - when we copy date fiels (for example deadline), it copies to excel as text, but not as date/time type information. This is because sd date fields store values as "mm/dd/yyyy" format (or other simmilar) and excel recognizes "yyyy.mm.dd" formats. I've tried change formating of excel cells, but with no results. Could anybody suggest way how to change sd date field formats to more appropriate?

Rytis
5 REPLIES
Eng.NM

Re: Localized dates on sd5.1

hello

try to export your data to an XML file, then open it and see if the date field has a value or not, if it has a value than the data could be exported successfully from the SD, then you can use this XML file to create excel sheet, let me know if it worked or not...

hope this can help

thanks

The same problem - excel still cant recognize date format.

Rytis
Sandeshp_1

What happened when you copy and paste the service call to Excel sheet ?? (Do not export)

Still Facing same problem ??

Excel understands dates as text because it doesnt recognize field formatting. Are there any ways to force sd to represent dates as checked in regional settings?

Rytis
Eng.NM

Hello Rytis

so from that the XML file has all the data successfully, on excel sheet try this on the exported excel sheet:

1- select the date column

2- from the excel menu select: data-->text to columns a wizard will be opened to you

3- choose delimited then next

4- select in the next step (if it didnt work you can try the )

5- then in column data format choose date and select your desired format then press next.

I think could help fixing your problem

please let me know

thanks so much
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event