Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Link Service Calls (ftom Mail) to person records?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Yauhen
Super Contributor.

Link Service Calls (ftom Mail) to person records?

Hi I think it should be easy for SD Guru.

I Configured E-mail Integration. So, person can write E-mail and Service Call is automaticaly created. But It is not tied to Person!

I have All person with email accounts entered.

When SC is created, in Description Field I can see from which E-mail it had come, why it is not accociated with Person Record (Caller)?

What I missed?
3 REPLIES
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Link Service Calls (ftom Mail) to person records?

Hello Yauhen,

Check your configuration under System Settings> E-Mail settings> E-Mail commands tab> New> Access Level.

If you use â Unrestricted (no check on E-Mail address)â , any user (including Service Pages users) will be able to log new Service Calls, and is because of this probability that the caller field does not get filled; there is a chance that a user without a person record can create calls.

If you use â Only existing Personsâ , only users with their email set in a Person record will be able to log a new Service Call, in this case, caller field should be filled with the person record of the email account used to open the call.

If you use â Only existing Person with accountâ , only users with their email set in a Person record AND with an application account related to it, will be able to log a new Service Call, in this case, caller field should be filled with the person record of the email account used to open the call.

If you use â Unavailableâ , NEW command to log a new Service Call will not work.

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Yauhen
Super Contributor.

You are just Brilliant! Thank you!!!
I was testing that stuff yesterday with different options and left an oppotunity for everyone to make a SC.

Now I restricted it to our SD persons, and it works!!!

Yauhen
Super Contributor.

I wish you become two star olympian on that Forum one day!